Why is nutrition important during pregnancy?
When you are pregnant, healthy nutrition is more important than ever. You need more of many important nutrients than you did before pregnancy. Your diet during pregnancy helps to support your own wellbeing & supplies the nutrition your baby needs to develop & grow. As a general guide, pregnant mothers need to eat a healthy diet, high in nutrients & low in sugar, salt & saturated fats. Making healthy food everyday will help you give your baby what he or she needs to develop. It will also help make sure that you & your baby gain the proper amount of weight.
Eating a healthy, varied diet in pregnancy will help you get most of the vitamins & minerals you need. But when you’re pregnant, or there’s a chance you might get pregnant, it’s important to also take a pregnancy supplement.
Role of some Vitamins & minerals in our body:
- Vitamin D in pregnancy – Vitamin D regulates the amount of calcium & phosphate in the body, which are needed to keep bones, teeth & muscles healthy. Our body make vitamin D when our skin is exposed to sunlight
- Iron in pregnancy – If you do not have enough iron, you’ll probably get very tired & may suffer from anaemia.
- Vitamin C in pregnancy – Vitamin C protects cells & helps keep them healthy.
- Calcium in pregnancy – Calcium is vital for making your baby’s bones and teeth.
- Chromium promote to keep blood glucose levels in a healthy range.
- DHA and EPA Promote heart’s normal function.
- Iodine is necessary for appropriate thyroid hormone synthesis and thyroid function.
- Niacin aids in the alleviation of weariness and exhaustion.
- Thiamin promote normal functioning of the heart and mind.
- Vitamin B6 helps control of hormonal activity.
- Zinc is important for maintaining healthy bones, hair, skin, nails, and vision.
Why Prenatal vitamins are essential during pregnancy?
Prenatal vitamins are essential during pregnancy to support both your health and the health of your growing baby. They include multivitamins and individual supplements that help fill nutrient gaps at a time of increased nutrient needs. While it’s important to consume a healthy, balanced diet, prenatal vitamins can help to prevent nutritional deficiencies that can potentially cause pregnancy complications.
The CDC recommends that those of reproductive age who may become pregnant, including pregnant people, take 400 micrograms of supplemental folic acid each day in addition to consuming folate-rich foods to prevent neural birth defects in a developing baby. While there is no standard formula for a prenatal multivitamin, they typically contain key nutrients including iron, vitamin D, vitamins A and C, iodine, choline, omega-3 DHA, and B vitamins, including folic acid. Aside from multivitamins, additional supplements may be recommended—your need for these will depend on the nutrients your multivitamin is lacking as well as your individual needs.
If you are looking for a prenatal that gives you the essentials nutrient in just two pills which can be daunting to swallow multiple pills per day. The capsules are non-GMO, gluten-free and major allergen-free, non-GMO, and free of artificial colorants and fillers. Still, these vitamins are not vegan as they source the omega-3 from high-quality fish oil. Thus, we wanted to offer Bionutrica’s BioPreg which delivers a high-quality product that is merely two small capsules.
What is BioPreg?
When shopping for your prenatal vitamins, it’s important to choose supplements that are made by a trusted brand and, preferably, are third-party tested. Purity and quality are of utmost concern when it comes to taking supplements during pregnancy. Hence, BioPreg takes a unique approach and designs of prenatal supplements in just two pills. Nutrient-wise, BioPreg prioritizes some high quality vitamins and minerals for parent and baby.
Why choose BioPreg?
BioPreg is a unique and easy to intake innovative pack capsule that ensures a supply of essential micro nutrients to support a healthy pregnancy. It comes in a unique package that includes:
- One multivitamin and a mineral capsule contain key elements to help you stay healthy during your pregnancy.
One LipidCapsTM (DHA and EPA) Fish Oil Capsule with SBSTM for low permeability and QNPTM to minimize oxidative degradation and maintain the constituents long-term activity.
- It contains a mineral Capsule with a Multivitamin. Basically, it is a 90-day course method. One BioPreg box has 30 tablets. Two tablets daily you have to take.